This super simple and delicious recipe is extremely flexible. You can experiment with any combination of nuts and seeds you have available. The basic idea is to have a certain volume of whatever nuts, seeds, and dry fruit you want and then use the honey to sweeten and bind everything together. Have fun with it!
20 or so bars
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. flax seeds
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup raw local honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Coarsely chop cashews and almonds.
3. Mix all ingredients except honey together.
4. Add honey and mix thoroughly to coat everything.
5. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
6. Pour mixture unto pan and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. It's also helpful to make sure the mixture is packed down a little bit to help everything bind in the end.
7. Bake for 17-22 minutes. Take pan out of the oven to cool for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes lift the sides of the parchment paper to remove and cut bars into desired shapes and let cool completely.*
* The bars will not be totally set when they come out of the oven. Don't worry - they will bind as they cool. This is why mixing the honey thoroughly is important.
The Unrefined Kitchen