About 40 minutes
16 cups organic chicken broth
1 3 1/2 pound organic chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 tablespoons organic butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 ounces of dried wide egg noodle
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine chicken broth and chicken in heavy large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heath, cover partially and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
2. Use tongs to transfer chicken to a large bowl. Cook chicken and broth slightly. Remove skin and bones from chicken and cut meat into bite-size pieces and set aside. Spoon fat off top of chicken broth.
3. Return broth to simmer. Add onion, carrots and celery. Simmer until carrots soften about 8 minutes.
4. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Add mushrooms to broth, stir in noodles, parsley and reserved chicken. Simmer until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes (read package directions).
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!